General Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Registration
(1) Use of the services provided by Courts of the World is only available to corporate bodies and individuals of legal age to form a binding contract with Courts of the World.
(3) The member is solely liable for any misuse of the password or the username by a third person or for other illegal use or statements that are carried out on the member's account, with the intent to fraud or not. The member will indemnify and hold Courts of the World (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this agreement, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party. If a member suspects that his/her login respectively the password or the account is being used by a third person, the member is obligated to notify Courts of the World immediately.
(4) Courts of the World reserves the right to terminate the membership if a member has breached any provision of the Terms (or has acted in a manner which clearly shows that he/she does not intend to, or is unable to comply with the provisions of the terms); or it is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the services is, or becomes, unlawful); or Courts of the World proceeds to no longer providing the services to users in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or the provision of the services to you is, in the opinion of Courts of the World, no longer commercially viable.
(5) The member can cancel the membership at any time.
§ 2 Use of Services
(1) The internet services supplied by Courts of the World can be email services, SMS-services, chats, forums, personal homepages, communities, photo albums and/or other communication- and web-services for the communication with other users.
(2) Every member is obliged to keep emails and other private messages confidential, not making them accessible to third persons without the acceptance of the creator. The same applies to all address- and/or contact details.
(3) Before recommending the website to a friend, using the forwarding service or otherwise transmitting personal data of others to Courts of the World, the member must make sure to have the explicit approval that Courts of the World is allowed to process the data. All transmitted data will solely be used for the purpose of connecting with the interested people or to carry through the service with them.
(4) Within the scope of all provided services, members commit themselves to observe the following rules:
- To observe the applied laws and respect the rights of a third party.
- The services of Courts of the World will not be used for commercial or professional reasons such as advertising, marketing events or the like.
- No information or content which is false is to be spread or published regardless of form.
- No comments or contents regardless of form are to be spread, which disrespect the rights of third parties or which are defamatory, incorrect, offensive, obscene, profane, glorifying violence, abetting to violence, unsavory, sexually aligned, menacing, molesting or racist. Corresponding links to services of third parties are also prohibited.
- No content is to be submitted, uploaded or downloaded which contains images, photos, software or other material through which use the rights of a third party could be violated.
(5) Courts of the World is not responsible for observing the communication services. However, Courts of the World reserves the right to check material that is sent to the communication service or uploaded to the websites and remove it if necessary.
§ 3 Content
(1) You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in content which you submit, post or display on or through, the service. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Courts of the World a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, this service. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Courts of the World to display, distribute and promote their Service The member confirms and warrants that he has all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above licence. To copy or multiply content from (or data of) other members, except for private purposes, is strictly prohibited. The member authorizes Courts of the World explicitly to modify or change the aforesaid content.
(2) The under number 3.1 conceded licences for content end when all content and data has been completely removed from the Courts of the World sites by the member. The termination does not affect the acts of use which had been carried out before the complete elimination.
§ 4 Courts of the World's Rights and Responsibilities
(1) Courts of the World holds the right to change or quit services without being liable for indemnity claims.
(2) Courts of the World is authorized to exclude users from the services or change the user rights for the Courts of the World services. Courts of the World cannot be hold responsible for indemnity claims regarding the exclusion of members from its service.
(3) Courts of the World takes no responsibility for services and/or goods that are offered to users by third parties on the Courts of the World websites. Courts of the World does not control possibly emerging business which might evolve. These businesses will solely effect the user and third party making offer. All claims that emerge from such business have to be addressed at the offerer.
§ 5 Liability of Courts of the World
(1) The information, software products and services of Courts of the World can contain falsities and errors. Advice and information, which is presented on the websites of Courts of the World, must not be used as consultation for any personal, legal, financial or medical decision.
(2) The use of the services provided by Courts of the World can only be warranted for in the context of the current state of the art. It can sometimes be necessary to limit services temporarly – for example regarding capacity borders, the security of the service, the integrity of the servers. Courts of the World and/or their factors, servers and legal assignees are not accountable for damage of property, financial losses, secondary damages as well as loss of profit.
(3) The exemption clause above is not valid if the resulting damage developed from willful intent or gross negligence of Courts of the World and/or their factors, servers and legal assignees and as well if essential contractual obligations are violated. In case of violated contractual obligations the liability is limited to foreseeable typical damage.
§ 6 Rights and Responsibilities of Users
(1) The user is obliged to respect the given laws, the General Terms and Conditions and the rights of third parties.
(2) The user assures that the provided information and data is complete and accurate. The user commits to immediately inform Courts of the World regarding changes.
(3) The user is bound to keep his password secret. If a member assumes that a third is misusing passwords/logins and/or the account, the member must inform Courts of the World immediately.
(4) The user is obliged to not exploit Courts of the World services for commercial or professional purposes (advertisements, event notes, ad-spamming or similar).
(5) The user is responsible to prevent that no data, which contains computer viruses infiltrates the system. Therefore the user commits to use appropriate as well as constantly updated and improved antivirus software.
§ 7 Notice of Data by Third Parties
The member is aware of the fact that it could be possible for all internet users to attain access to data that is transmitted without being authorized to do so. The member accepts this specific risk.
§ 8 Users Liabilities
(1) The user is responsible for all violations of these General Terms and Conditions and the resulting claims.
(2) The member solely is liable for the use of his password or the username by third parties or for the acts, which are carried out from the user’s personal account, irrespectively if committed with intent to defraud or unintentionally. In this regard Courts of the World cannot be held liable.
(3) If Courts of the World is hold liable due to a violation of a member against legal regulations or these General terms and Conditions, the member pledges to release Courts of the World from all the consequences resulting from the violation. The release from liability includes civil fines and compensation as well as court- and lawyer- fees, which could be imposed on Courts of the World. This particularly applies to the settlement of claims concerning infringement of copyrights of third.
§ 9 Privacy
(1) By registration the user agrees to accept the below mentioned policies regarding the use of the members personal data by Courts of the World.
(2) Courts of the World saves personal data in different ways. The data results from information given by users and through the use of the offered services. The user agrees to the storage of his personal data electronically by the operator.
(3) Courts of the World saves, uses and analyses information, for the sole reason to provide a fully functioning platform and supporting the users with better services. It will not make this data available to third parties unless the member explicitly agrees.
(4) The data in member profiles sites can be publicly viewed by others. The member agrees to be aware of that. It is the users decision which information he wants to place on his profile and what he preferes to keep private.
(5) The user declares to possess rights to all uploaded images, videos and other data and that this data does not include pornographic or other illegal material.
§ 10 Termination
(1) The user can cancel the registration for the Courts of the World services at any time and without stating a reason.
(2) Courts of the World holds the right to cancel the membership of users at anytime, with a two weeks’ notice without specifying reasons.
§ 11 Release from Liability
Every member commits oneself to release Courts of the World from all liabilities and all types of responsibilities, expenditures and settlements, evolving from claims regarding defamatory statements, insult, violation of personal rights, due to breakdown or malfunction of services for members, due to infringement of intangible goods or any other rights. Legal expenses for adequate legal defense and asserting legal rights opposing a third party, facing Courts of the World and/or their and/or their factors, servers and legal assignees and/or third parties respectively, will be charged to the account of the member.
(2) If the offer/services of Courts of the World will be used by the member without disagreement after changes take effect it will be assumed that the member agrees with the new General Terms and Conditions. In case of disagreement Courts of the World will cancel the membership according to § 11.2.
§ 13 Miscellaneous Regulations
(1) For all legal relations, German law shall be applicable.
(2) Courts of the World is authorized to transfer the rights and obligations, resulting from this agreement, to third. In such case the user has the right to cancel the membership without previous notice.